Summary of SMARTCARE rewards information
As an additional reward for purchasing an Indesit Protection Plan provided by Domestic & General Services Limited you will receive electronic rewards which are provided by Indesit Company UK Limited and which are equal to the price of your Indesit Protection Plan.
The full terms and conditions which apply to your use of the electronic rewards are available online at www.smartcarerewards.co.uk below is a summary:
- This benefit is only available for Indesit Protection Plans provided by Domestic & General.
- The rewards are issued by Indesit Company and can only be redeemed online at www.smartcarerewards.co.uk.
- The rewards are issued by Indesit Company online at www.smartcarerewards.co.uk. They can be accessed by logging on with the plan number of your Indesit Protection Plan and your postcode.
- For each Indesit Protection Plan purchased on or before 1st August 2015 (and which remains live on 1 August 2015), a voucher value has been credited which is equivalent to the value of your Indesit Protection Plan fee. The start date of these rewards will be 1st August 2015.
- For each Indesit Protection Plan purchased after 1st August 2015, including renewals of existing Indesit Protection Plans, a voucher value will be credited which is equivalent to the value of your Indesit Protection Plan fee. This voucher value will be applied to the account, in full, within 2 working days of the sale or renewal (as appropriate) of the Indesit Protection Plan. The start date of these rewards will be the same as the start date of your Indesit Protection Plan.
- Participants may redeem rewards towards the overall cost of a Hotpoint or Indesit appliance made available for purchase on the website www.smartcarerewards.co.uk. The voucher will reduce the price shown on the web site. The reduction will be no less than 10% and could be up to 50% of the price shown on the website.
- rewards must be redeemed within 12 months from the day on which they are credited to your online voucher account. If this redemption period is extended, you will be provided with notification on the www.smartcarerewards.co.uk website at least three months prior to the expiry of the original 12 month period.
- All Indesit Protection Plans purchased for the same customer name and address will have rewards credited to one account. These rewards can be used together. If customer details held by Domestic & General are different, then rewards will be credited to separate online accounts.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- Specific conditions will apply if your Indesit Protection Plan expires or you cancel your Indesit Protection Plan, which may result in your rewards becoming void. Please check the full terms and conditions for further details.
- This voucher benefit is promoted by Domestic & General Services Limited and provided by Indesit Company UK Limited. The website www.smartcarerewards.co.uk is hosted and managed by Indesit Company UK Limited. Full details of how your personal data will be used by Indesit Company UK Limited can be found on that website at www.smartcarerewards.co.uk.
- The SmartCare Loyalty Scheme terms and conditions are set out below. These terms and conditions can be found at www.smartcarerewards.co.uk and govern the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme.
- The SmartCare Loyalty Scheme is provided by Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited (company number 001606725, with its registered office at Morley Way, Peterborough PE2 PJB).
- Please note that by connecting to the Smartcare Loyalty scheme website at www.smartcarerewards.co.uk (the “Website”), you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions which govern the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme as referenced in paragraph 1 above.
- The SmartCare Loyalty Scheme is where Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited award electronic rewards (“SmartCare Rewards”) to individual customers. These are equivalent to the “Total Cost” (total price to be paid) of the price of a Whirlpool, Indesit or Hotpoint Protection Plan at the date of purchase from Domestic & General Services Limited (“Protection Plan”). This excludes the value of any Protection Plan purchased before 1st August 2015. This enables individual customers (“Qualifying Customers”) to use their SmartCare Rewards against the purchase of any appliance available on the www.smartcarerewards.co.uk website, subject to the terms and conditions of the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCHEME
- SmartCare Rewards are only available for individual customers who have a Protection Plan in force.
- As a reward for purchasing a Whirlpool, Indesit or Hotpoint Protection Plan, each Qualifying Customer will receive electronic SmartCare Rewards (which are provided by Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited) equal to the Total Cost of the Protection Plan(s) in force
- Participation in the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme is for the personal use of Qualifying Customers only and may not be used for any business purpose of any kind.
- All Qualifying Customers must be resident in the UK and aged 18 years or older.
- SmartCare Rewards cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any other way traded by Qualifying Customers. No cash alternative will be offered.
RECEIVING SMARTCARE REWARDS
- SmartCare Rewards will be issued by Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited to a personalised online SmartCare Rewards Account at www.smartcarerewards.co.uk. This account can be accessed by the Qualifying Customer by logging on to www.smartcarerewards.co.uk with the Protection Plan number and postcode.
- SmartCare Rewards will be credited by Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited to a Qualifying Customer’s Reward Account for each Protection Plan purchased or renewed on or after 1st August 2015. SmartCare Rewards, at the equivalent Total Cost of the Protection Plan(s), will be applied to the SmartCare Rewards Account in full by Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited within two (2) working days of the date of purchase of a new Protection Plan, or the date of renewal of an existing Protection Plan, whether the Protection Plan is paid in full or in instalments.
- Qualifying Customers are solely responsible for ensuring that their Protection Plans (if more than one is purchased) are purchased using the same name and address. All Protection Plans purchased with the same customer name and address ("Customer Details") will have SmartCare Rewards credited to one account. These SmartCare Rewards can be used together. If Customer Details held by Domestic & General Services Limited and/or Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited are different, then SmartCare Rewards will be credited to separate accounts (which cannot be redeemed cumulatively).
- Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited, as the provider of SmartCare Rewards, have no obligations to issue or credit SmartCare Rewards for purchases other than as set out in these terms and conditions.
REDEEMING SMARTCARE REWARDS
- SmartCare Rewards can only be redeemed online through the website www.smartcarerewards.co.uk (this website is operated solely by Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited).
- Please note that SmartCare Rewards may only be redeemed against appliances available on the website www.smartcarerewards.co.uk. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited does not provide any guarantee as to the availability of specific appliances or models on the website.
- Qualifying Customers may only redeem SmartCare Rewards against a certain maximum percentage of the overall cost of an appliance made available for purchase on the website www.smartcarerewards.co.uk. This maximum percentage varies by appliance. The percentage will not be less than 10% or more than 50% of the appliance's value.
- If a Qualifying Customer does not have a Protection Plan in force, they will not have access to their SmartCare Rewards Account (the online account where details of the Qualifying Customer’s SmartCare Rewards are set out).
- Unless notified otherwise, SmartCare Rewards must be redeemed within 12 months from the day on which they are credited to a Qualifying Customer’s SmartCare Rewards Account.
- If a Qualifying Customer redeems any SmartCare Rewards and subsequently cancels the associated Protection Plan within 30 days of the start date of the Protection Plan, the Qualifying Customer is required to pay to Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited the value of the redeemed SmartCare Rewards, within 30 days of the date of the invoice received from Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited.
- Qualifying Customers are under no obligation whatsoever to redeem SmartCare Rewards at any time.
- In the event that you wish to claim your SmartCare Rewards and we are not in a position to deliver your appliance, we will permit you to purchase the exact model of the appliance from your local retailer, at their standard retail price. You will have to pay them and claim the monies equivalent to your Smartcare Rewards and any standard delivery costs back from Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Please ensure that you keep and send a copy of your receipt (proof of purchase) to us. The cash sum equivalent to the SmartCare Rewards will be paid to you within 10-14 days of receiving your receipt (proof of purchase).
SMARTCARE REWARDS BECOMING VOID
- In the event that a Qualifying Customer terminates or cancels a Protection Plan for any reason, the Qualifying Customer will not be entitled to redeem SmartCare Rewards issued in respect of the cancelled Protection Plan and any already issued/credited SmartCare Rewards will become void.
- SmartCare Rewards will also become void where Domestic & General Services Limited cancel a Qualifying Customer’s Protection Plan in accordance with the terms of the Protection Plan.
- Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited may also decline to issue/credit, void or cancel SmartCare Rewards in the following circumstances:
- i. it has a reasonable belief of dishonesty and/or abuse or attempted abuse of the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme; and/or
- ii. it has a reasonable belief of breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions.
LIMITS, EXCLUSIONS AND CAPS ON OUR LIABILITY
- If Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fail to comply with these terms and conditions, they will only be responsible for loss or damage Qualifying Customers’ suffer that is a foreseeable result of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited's breach of these terms and conditions and/or their negligence. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of a breach or if they were contemplated by the Qualifying Customer and Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited at the time the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme was launched.
- Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited only provide the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme for domestic and private use and will therefore have no liability to Qualifying Customers for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of commercial opportunity under these terms and conditions.
- Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited's maximum aggregate liability under these terms and conditions is limited, in respect to each Qualifying Customer, to the value of SmartCare rewards credited to their online account.
- By participating in the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme, all Qualifying Customers acknowledge that notwithstanding the redemption of SmartCare rewards, all contracts entered into for the supply of Whirlpool, Indesit and/or Hotpoint products from the website www.smartcarerewards.co.uk will be between Qualifying Customers and Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. On the basis that Domestic & General Services Limited will not be party to such contracts or the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme, Domestic & General Services Limited is not a party to the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme and accepts no liability whatsoever for the purchase or supply of such products or any other liabilities whatsoever under the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited may make changes to these terms and conditions at any time (including termination of the scheme altogether). In circumstances where the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme is terminated, all online SmartCare Rewards Accounts will be suspended immediately.
- Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited’s obligations under these terms are subject to English law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- A person who is not a party to these terms & conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Party) Act 1999, but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which otherwise exists or is available.
- Further information on the SmartCare Loyalty Scheme can be found by contacting Whirlpool on 0800 151 0907.
Domestic & General Services Limited. Registered Ofice: Swan Court, 11 Worple Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4JS. Registered in England and Wales. Company No. 1970780
Indesit Company UK Limited. Registered Office: Morley Way, Peterborough PE2 9JB.
Registered in England and Wales. Company No. 106725